Subject: Re: Lightwave and Anime
From: [email-masked] (Renderworld)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 21:58:13

Recently I did some tests for a show that is patterned after
a Japanese animation.  The scanning method seems to be the
best alternative.  However, be careful with autofeed scanners.
Remember everything must be pin registered or else your
characters will jump around.  It may be only slight but it can
be very noticeable.  We had the best luck attaching a pin
register to our scanner and scanning by hand at very high res
then using adpro to reduce colors, darken the lines and shrink
the image.  Once this is done you can take the frames into your
favorite paint program, do some flood fills and your all set.

One other tip, after coloring the cells, fill them in completely
black and save these out as 2 color clip maps.  The nice thing
about this is you can move the polygon towards or away from the
camea and LightWave will do the perspective scaling for you,
not to mention shadows (big time saver).

If you want more specifics, mail us directly

Brad-NewTek

[email-masked]